Not original
had a look at Amazon last night and when I looked at Annie Dillard, I found that "people who bought this book also bought books by....frederick Buchner, Philiip Yancey (and Rowan Williams!)". Seems like someone has been here before us, using "Soul Survivor" to explore new authors?Anyway, after the fascinating but depressing Bookseller, I wondered about Annie Dillard, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek. I quote from a review :
"Annie Dillard is more alive than anyone I have ever known including myself. Her words are captivating as they create images of a natural world that pulses with spirituality even in its moments of raw cruelty. She does not pontificate about nature, admitting that she is only writing as an observer. Nonetheless, her writing is wise, reminding us that events as simple as changes in the light or the unexpected sight of a muskrat for a second is like a gift from the universe. For the first time in my life, a warm fuzzy feeling of wonder and gratitude for simple existence filled me when I read this book".
I would even volunteer to do questions. What do others think?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home